Friday 13 March 2009

Tragedy

Every Friday I go into town to run some errands but this morning I was shocked by one of the most horrific scenes I've ever seen in real life. I'm not going to describe it because that would just be gratuitous but in the middle of the Meir layed a dead ostrich amongst a lot of blood and other splatters. It silmply made me sick to my stomach and angry that people were just standing there, amazed and laughing.
I can't imagine what that poor animal must have been through but judging by what I saw it must have been terrified and endured a horrendous ordeal. I don't know how an ostrich even got to be in the middle of the Meir, ok there is a zoo nearby but he would have had to "survive" a kilometer of traffic which is highly unlikely and probably the cause of this massacre.
Now I don't know why I'm writing about this because I don't want to turn it into a spectacle like everyone else did, but I guess I just what to raise some awareness for a poor animal whose life came to a tragic end. It shook me to the core to experience such horror and imagine such fear and confussion on his behalf. I hope he rests in peace.

No comments: