Sunday 8 March 2009

I heart my computer

Don't be alarmed, I'm not going to make a habit of talking about technology but two days after I announced that I wanted a fuschia Macbook, something in my computer exploded. Coincidence or did he die of a broken heart? It was probably old age but I can't help but wonder. The timing really sucked because the day before that I got some good, potentially life altering news disguised as my first (trail) article. I just hope I don't blow it.

So there I was, one article, a deadline and no computer. The necessary hysterics naturally followed which resulted in me buying a laptop out of the blue really. I was planning on getting one sometime in the future and preferably that adorable little Macbook once I'd mastered OSX but that plan got shot to hell, pardon my French. Without actually knowing anything about laptops, like I said in my previous post I'm a computer simpleton, I went out and bought in my opinion the most elegant one I could afford being a Sony Vaio. Everything was installed yesterday and I've spent most of today writing and exploring its possibilities, slowly but surely I'm starting to forget all about that fuschia bundle of joy. I've even had my first Skype experience today...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a Vaio, of course, she's almost three now, but I LOVE HER!!! I was going to buy a Toshiba but they were out of stock and I needed it right then. Best purchase I ever made on the fly. You will love it, I'm sure. :)

Elenchi said...

I'm also very fond of my white vaio. I've never experienced any difficulties with it. I don't use it that often though.