Thursday 22 January 2009

Jitters

The past few days have been pretty hectic meaning I had a lot of paper work to sort out and I did a lot of waiting. It's like I've transformed into an "adult" overnight which is pretty accurate really seeing as getting a job is the most responsible thing I've ever had to do. And since this evening I'm also (officially) co-inhabiting with my sweetheart. There's no denying it, I've got the paper to prove it.

Tomorrow I'm going to sign my contract and will finally find out what I'll be doing for the better part of my days. Besides being excited I'm also really nervous and dreading the fact that this weekend will be my final real weekend of the year. But I'm going to start my day off tomorrow by going to the bank to change my account and to get insured for all kinds of obligatory things like fire and accidents apparently. I'll also have some healthcare issues to figure out and more insurances to commit to and finally I will be closing my pre-marital savings account (don't ask) seeing as I've just entered in the biggest commitment I'm capable of.

Basically my final days of freedom have been pretty dull which is a shame really because I've got this voice in the back of my head that's yelling I should enjoy myself while I still can (and while I'm still young) but somehow I'm not quite registering it. Instead of making the most of my last days I'm already regretting that I haven't. Suggestions? Anyone?

It hasn't been all bad though. This week I bought my very first lunchbox amongst other lunch related items. It's strange but I've never really had one but seeing as I'll be gone for 12 hours a day I'm gonna need a lot of food. What can I say, I love to eat.

No comments: