Thursday 8 January 2009

Centennial celebration

I was actually planning on doing a post on Stephen Fry as I'm currently reading another one of his hilarious books but just as I was about to create that post I noticed that the next one I'd write would be my 100th! I can't believe that I've already written that many.

The Sumptuous City was born almost one and a half years ago as an experiment. A lot of people I knew where blogging and I decided to give it a go and see what all the fuss was about. During this time I've had some very productive periods and a few month long silences but overall I had a lot of fun. This blog has given me an excuse to talk about things I normally wouldn't seeing as my ramblings might seem irrelevant, to vent my frustration and share my hopes, dreams and interests with the world. I've come to realize that I really love to write and enjoy making these personal mini articles about things I care about. It may sound sad but The Sumptuous City has given me a certain sense of fulfillment that's been missing for a while. And that's why I'd like to thank my therapeutic little blog in this 100th post for simply being there. And of course you, my readers, I know there are a few out there.

No comments: