Wednesday 10 September 2008

So far, so good?

I have to excuse myself, I've been a terrible blogger of late. The only upside to keeping schtum for all these months is that I can now embark on new horizons, new themes and new thoughts but with the typical Jonesian twist. The downside ofcourse, is that I've probably lost my entire "fanbase", so if you are reading this; atta boy!

Since my last excursion into cyberspace I have graduated (finally after eight gruelling years), given my beloved's apartment a desperately needed yet not officially completed re-vamp and embarked on the long and winding road of jobhunting. Oh, and I've also found a hairdresser who doesn't make me want to get out my voodoo dolls which is always a plus.

Finding a job isn't easy, especially if you have studied English literature and don't want to become, god forbid, a teacher. I have been looking for about two months now and except one horrifying interview, not much has turned up yet but I am hopeful since I finally had a great interview on monday. As I am lacking experience, the standard excuse, I probably won't get it but fingers crossed because I don't know how much longer I will be able to handle all this spare time, seriously. I know I will regret saying this one day but someone please give me a job!

Besides filling my days with waiting, sending out resumes, listening to my mother whine about my (hopefully) soon to be ex-stepfather and Facebook, I've once again turned all my attention to ol' faithful namely baking. What would life be without sweet, moist and mostly chocolatey goodness?

If I haven't already convinced you of all the joys of being me, I'll now seal the deal by adding that in exactly two weeks time I'm having my wisdomteeth removed. Alas, it won't be your standard pull 'em and weep procedure as mine are lodged in my jaw which will have to be slightly broken in order to extract the suckers. Needless to say, lots of pain, swelling, black cheeks and a liquid diet to look forward to.

But rest assure, from now on I'll keep you up to date, even to the last excrutiating detail.

No comments: