Monday 15 September 2008

The Joy of organizing

I have a confession to make, I'm addicted to my diary. I've always loved to plan and organize, it's usually half the fun, so that's why buying a new diary each year is a tantalizing experience that I always look forward to. Usually I'm able to contain myself until November or December (but that's already a stretch) before I buy one but this year I just couldn't resist the exuberant colors of Joy by Paulo Coehlo.

Paulo Coelho is a Brazilian author and that's all I really know about him, shame on me. I've only read his most famous novel namely The Alchemist which was short, sweet, philosophical and hence, not really my cup of tea but I was once again blinded by the lush cover.



The diary is filled with quotes from Coelho's novels and luxuriously illustrated by the talented Catalina Estrada whose drawings are not only fun and colorful but literally exude joy as was intended.

Needless to say, I can't wait to start 2009!


No comments: