Wednesday 17 September 2008

I'm hot, blue and sexy

I had my job interview today and it turned out far less exciting than I'd hoped. Firstly the job and job description didn't match, talk about false advertising! And secondly, they made me do tests! Tests people! Which I sooo wasn't expecting especially when the job description said editor of English weekly and they make you translate a French text about oil drilling into Dutch. Needless to say, not exactly what I had in mind. Another equally unnerving little experiment was: write the introduction of a pamphlet about gas cylinders and make them look sexy. No matter how you spin it people, you can't put propane and sexy in the same sentence without expecting some Scary Movie gag which is not only an intellectual faux-pas but just plain wrong! And so my quest continues...

No comments: