Sunday 28 November 2010

Running out of time


You may have noticed that my last blog posts aren’t as chronological as they used to be. I start writing one and usually get interrupted by

a) My mother who has been particularly clingy lately
b) My grandmother who doesn’t seem to understand she isn’t 20 anymore, bless her
And c) food that needs preparing and the concept of cleaning

For some reason I don’t seem to get anything done lately. This week I worked, did two interviews, visited my godchild, mother and grandmother who’d have a fit if they didn’t see me at least twice a week, went shopping for shoes and a coat seeing as I wasn’t really prepared for winter, did a lot of “speed reading” and yesterday, I spent the entire day grocery shopping and cleaning as it had been two weeks since I gave this place the once over. Disgusting, I know.

Today I wanted to blog about Ephameron’s book Weg and my graphic novel experiences, something I should have done last week but I kept on postponing it because I was too busy so technically it’s old news, like the high speed reading post. More about that some time next week (hopefully).

On my to do list for today (which will probably keep me occupied until the end of next week):

- Write a review of that Italian cook book (it was actually due Friday)
- Transcribe those two interviews
- Finish (and start) three articles
- "Read" Big Brother in Europe and The United States of McSweeneys by Tuesday
- Write short synopses of the books I nominated for the Groene Waterman Prize
- Bake the first batch of gingerbread men (only 500 more or so to go)
- Plan the holidays: lots of parties so lots of grocery and gift shopping plus the usual cooking and cleaning that has to be fit in somewhere
- Reanimate my social life which has been dangling on the verge of extinction
- Blog

If I get all of this done today, there is a god.

No comments: