Wednesday 3 November 2010

Michael Cunningham

Today I voluntarily went to the boekenbeurs to attend the interview with Pulitzer Prize winning author Michael Cunningham who I actually only know from his novel The Hours. But hey, how often does a Pulitzer Prize winning author visit antwerp? My thoughts exactly.

What started out as a nonchalant visit ended up in a casual yet unexpected chat with Cunningham (he is so nice!) and a signed copy of his latest novel, By Nightfall. Needless to say, I had a very good afternoon.

The interview was really interesting. He talked about his book naturally, the New York art scene, writing, Thomas Mann, our perception of beauty and I could just go on really. It was very inspiring and I love hearing authors talk about their craft.

I was so impressed in fact, that I immediately went down to Sterling and bought the book! I can't wait to read it.

No comments: