Friday 22 October 2010

Bunny Cake


I’m spending the entire day baking, you heard me. A while back I agreed to take on the daunting task of making a cake for 80 people. No biggie, I was thinking at the time. Making the batter isn’t that much work seeing as I’ve done it hundreds of times before, the glitch is shoving cakes in and out of the oven for several hours leaving me with little else to do than some necessary cleaning and paper work seeing as I’m pretty kitchen bound at the moment.

Paul Verrept has book presentation tomorrow at the Groene Waterman because he is the star author of Larrios, a new branch of Epo publishing. He’ll be reading to the kiddies and talk a bit about his career which will all be leading up to the main event, namely my hopefully delicious cake featuring one of his characters: a bunny aka God.

The pressure’s high seeing as I’ve never baked for so many people but it’s a challenge and I’m enjoying myself. The only thing that could go wrong, is that my cakes start imploding, again. But I’m about 80% sure they won’t. Still… Either that or my sweet pea messes up the rabbit, meaning no cake for him, ever again.

1 comment:

Gianna T said...

Thank you for thiis