Sunday 31 October 2010

Boekenbeurs, opening night

What do you get after hours of unpacking books and organizing them in an orderly fashion? The answer: an aching back, crackling knees and this


A neat and appetizing booth if I do say so myself.

Last night was the opening night meaning lots of people in the biz, tagalongs, authors and some minor celebrities who were desperately trying to get their hands on a wide array of snacks and free cava while fondling the merchandize. Yummy.

Still it was fun to see the end result, especially after all the painting, assembling, unpacking and unavoidable cursing that went on the previous days. It's a special atmosphere indeed. Although the heat, crowd and abundance of Flemish books, isn't exactly my cup of tea, I must admit that I tend to get slightly giddy in the presence of so many books. I didn't buy anything, seeing as I rarely do at the Boekenbeurs, but I'm sure I'll pop by Pinceel, Exhibitions International and Sterling Books once or twice during the next couple of days.

No comments: