Monday 31 May 2010

Boekenfestijn

This weekend book lovers rejoiced in Antwerp Expo as it was the annual Boekenfestijn: two big halls filled with thousands of low priced books and almost equally as many people bruising you with their trolleys trying to get through while they stack up on blissful bargains. Trust me, it can get pretty brutal out there.
Although I hate crowds, the presence of so many books gives me such an adrenaline rush that I’m able to simply ignore the noise, the heat and shoving and go in search of hidden treasure seeing as you never find what you are looking for yet always end up leaving surprised and satisfied, well I do anyway.

This year however, I have to admit that it was pretty slim pickings: lots of reoccurring titles, Dutch literature (the horror) and hobby material which usually baffles me but, I did eventually end up leaving with 3 novels and some cook books which cost me a little over €25 while my sweet pea just left empty-handed and agitated proving once again that it’s not for the faint hearted.

No comments: