Sunday 27 September 2009

Momiji

Yesterday afternoon we went for a stroll in Berchem and visited one of my favorite shops, Kupuku, a small Japanese design shop that causes a severe cuteness overload. Filled from top to bottom with cats (Japanese lucky charms), gorgeous Kokeshi dolls and delicate jewelry, this hidden treasure is definitely worth a trip to the "exotic" Berchem. The owners are unbelievably sweet and informative plus we got a delicious pink cupcake to boot.

It is simply impossible to leave Kupuku empty handed and this trip was no exception. Yesterday I became the proud owner of Poppet, an incredibly adorable Momiji doll. First came Kokeshi, then Kimmi, now Momiji, another range of beautiful and unique collectible Japanese dolls. What makes Momiji special, is that they are designed to keep secrets. They have a little slot in the bottom to put a message in and are thus ideal gifts for loved ones and me myself and I naturally. Not only are they fun, colorful and girly but they are also packaged in a funky take out box. Every year a new series is designed making then the ideal must have for people who are addicted to cuteness like myself.

No comments: