Sunday 6 September 2009

Home Made

A few weeks ago I bought Home Made by Tana Ramsay online. It is a truly scrumptious cookbook with easy and surprising recipes. I don't buy cookbooks all that often and certainly not online seeing as I believe that these kinds of books need to be thoroughly examined upon purchasing but I fell in love with the beautiful pink cover and that fact that it contained "home cooking".

Tana Ramsay, wife of notorious British chef Gordon Ramsay, has made a selection of simple and tasty dishes that require a minimum of effort but make your taste buds burst with maximum delight. Complicated and refined dishes usually freak my out seeing as I'm a total klutz and not capable of doing anything elegant even if my life depended on it. This is why I love home cooking, although it looks great (in the books that is), it's the taste and simplicity that counts. No exotic ingredients or expensive appliances needed. If you feel the same way, Home Made is the way to go. Not only are the recipes easy but to book is also very user friendly, giving you a clear overview of all the magnificent meals like last night's lemon chicken stew, peach cobbler, sesame beef salad or sweetcorn and coconut soup to name a dazzling few.

This is my first encounter with Tana but overall I just love British chefs: they're spontaneous, fun-loving and just a delight to watch. I also adore British food. Say what you must, but I think it's wonderful. I was raised on cumberland pies, bubble and squeak, toad in the hole and trifle. So whenever I find a book that takes me back to that cozy atmosphere and those gorgeous smells from when I was a little girl, I have to admit I just crumble... uhm... crumble...

No comments: