Friday 27 May 2011

Boekenfestijn

Yesterday we went on our annual family outing to the Boekenfestijn. Me, my mom, my grandmother, uncle and hundreds of other people rummaging through piles of discount books. It was brutal, hot and totally exhilarating. The lengths I’ll go to for cheap books is ridiculous really but, who can resists an 80% discount?

I usually buy tons on English novels and cookery books but this time I decided to change my approach. I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve got a slight addiction when it comes to buying books and when they’re that cheap, all bets are off. Most years I'll leave with several dozen books because A) I want to read them, B) they’re pretty and C) they’re too cheap to resist. This year I decided to ignore options B and C seeing as I know from experience, I’ll probably never read them anyway and I have still got 48 novels on my “to be read” pile.

Now, the books I get at the Boekenfestijn are usually not the kind of books I’d normally buy meaning cheap (literally) trashy / commercial novels that won’t be great but very entertaining never the less. Ok, I also found some “literary” novels but most of ‘em were guilty pleasures for less than €3 each.

Oh, and I got a cute clip-on nightlight for when I'm reading in bed. Like I need more accessories...

No comments: