Thursday 31 March 2011

Must-see Movies

Today I read that two of my all-time favorite books are being adapted to the big screen. Yay!

David Nicholls' One Day was the best book I read last year, closely followed by Chris Cleave's The Other Hand. This book was an instant hit so it doesn't come as a shock that two years after its release, we are already blessed with the movie, a big budget rom com / drama starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess no less, which was also written by the man himself.

Another must-see movie is Stephen Daldry's adaptation of Jonathan Safran Foer's Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, a book I read in two sittings. It's that good people! It has a star-studded cast lead by Sandra Bullock and Tom Hanks and it filming in New York as we speak.

Last but not least, Never Let Me Go which was released in Belgium this week in only 3 theaters (!!!) which just proves that Belgians have no taste whatsoever. I know I already posted the trailer but I couldn't help myself, I just love love love the book. This beautiful and seemingly innocent coming of age story blows all your expectations out of the water with its sinister scientific twists leaving us with an astonishing combo of English elegance and sci-fi surrealism.

No comments: