Sunday 5 December 2010

Sunday mornings

My Sunday morning usual looks like this: me, my laptop, lots of coffee and tying up some work-related loose ends. It’s the ideal moment to finish off my reviews, re-read my articles before I send them off on Monday and blog. Utter bliss. I know, working on a Sunday morning must seem crazy to most but I personally love it. There’s something about a tranquil Sunday morning that makes my brain go into overdrive, I’m a real morning person if you hadn’t already noticed.

Sadly, I haven’t been as productive as I’ve hoped this morning. Sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket with my laptop on well, my lap probably has something to do with it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s very cozy, actually so cozy that I can’t focus on the four reviews I had to finish this morning. Instead, I’ve spent the entire morning shopping and making a list of New Year’s resolutions.

It all started to go terribly wrong when I decided to order a few last minute Christmas presents. Although it’s still three weeks until that blessed day, when you order online two – three weeks is cutting it short when your presents still have to travel the globe.

After I ordered the presents, I decided to take a look at the Christmas CD’s, seeing as they were only one click away. I love Christmas music, especially my Christmas crooners CD but the pumpkin hates it. Well, he tolerates the crooners but loathes everything else, except Sufjan Steven’s Songs for Christmas, the only acceptable CD during the holiday season. I beg to differ. In order to win him over to the dark side, I decided to invest in some swinging Christmas tunes by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong. You can’t beat the classics or my festive spirit for that matter.

Now that I’ve got the music, I need the movies. We’ve already got many Christmassy films which we (meaning me) love to watch every year: It’s a Wonderful Life, The Grinch, Elf, Scrooged,… but staying true to tradition, I still needed a new one for our quiet Christmas Eve together, before all hell breaks loose on Christmas day. And now it’s in the bag.

Then I kinda got sidetracked while I was reading my blogs and started checking out several books which have now earned themselves a spot on my Bookdepository wish list or as I call it, one of the best inventions ever seeing as it keeps me informed about release dates and more importantly, massive price drops.

Due to a pit stop at YouTube (cute kitten clips how I love thee), I started thinking about my New Year’s resolutions and started making a list. More about those December 31st.

And finally before I started this post, I realized that you can do your grocery shopping online as well, which would be great seeing as I’ve got no time to do the holiday grocery shopping this year as I’m working every day until Christmas. I just click on all the items we need and the pumpkin goes to Carrefour to pick them up: simple, no queues, screaming children or bruises from people who can’t control their trolley. I’m definitely going to give this a go.

And now, it’s time for our weekly Sunday brunch: sandwiches, Danish and Disney! And then I'll get some work done, hopefully...

No comments: