Wednesday 1 December 2010

Holiday Reading

It's December, finally! It's snowing outside, Christmas decorations are popping up left and right and soon there will be carols in the air, presents under the tree and the glorious smell of allspice intoxicating our apartment and all who happens to drop by.

If you hadn't already noticed, I love the Holidays: the food, the shopping, the decorating, Christmas carols, festive films and being surrounded by your loved ones. To quote Brook Benton "I wish everyday could be like Christmas". It's also the only time of the year I get mildly mushy and indulge in otherwise loathsome sentimental slush.

Last year I also started a new holiday tradition, during December I will only read fun, lighthearted and festive fiction. The cornier, the better basically. As you can see by my currently reading status, I already started now that all the mandatory reading is finally over. I gathered a big pile of books yesterday and I can't wait to curl up with my kitty.

No comments: