Wednesday 27 July 2011

Holiday

I’ve been home for two weeks now and I’ve spent most of my time like this:


Writing, some yoga, a little cooking, more writing, blogging, watching movies, interviewing and out for an occasional spot of lunch and I’ve been loving every minute of it! It must sound boring to most but I couldn’t be happier. I’ve finally got the chance to pick up where I left off with “the project”. And if you were wondering if I always sit in the dark when I’m work, yes I do, I feel the need to block out the world when I’m writing. Besides, who needs reality when you’ve got fiction?

What I haven’t done these past weeks is read. For some bizarre reason I hardly ever read when I’m on vacation. I started in Siri Hustvedt’s The Summer without Men over a week ago and I haven’t gotten past page 50 yet. I’m just never in the mood which isn’t a good sign, for the book at least. It’s like exams really, when you’re busy studying, a million things pop into your head that you’d rather do right now but when you’ve actually got the time to do them, they suddenly don’t seem that appealing. I’m the same with books, plus seeing as I’m spending most of my time at home in front of my computer screen instead of out and about where I usually get my reading done, my options a have become slightly limited.

But don’t worry, I’m already looking forward to selecting the books I’ll take with me on part 2 of the vacation, the REAL vacation.

No comments: