Wednesday 23 June 2010

Betty White: 88 and still great


In May this former Golden Girl became the oldest person to host Saturday Night Live. Her appearance made the ratings sky rocket and was all due to the "Betty White to Host SNL (Please)" facebook campaign.

"I really have to thank Facebook … I didn’t know what Facebook was, and now that I do know what it is, I have to say, it sounds like a huge waste of time. I would never say the people on it are losers, but that’s only because I’m polite...People say ‘But Betty, Facebook is a great way to connect with old friends.’ Well at my age, if I want to connect with old friends, I need a Ouija board. Needless to say, we didn’t have Facebook when I was growing up. We had phonebook...but you wouldn’t waste an afternoon with it."

No matter what people say, she's one of those rare comedians who gets better with age. Check out one of her sketches, muffins will never be the same again...


No comments: