Friday 16 April 2010

Tired eyes


I am currently suffering from an irritating affliction that has been coming and going for several weeks now, tired eyes. I've always been a bad sleeper (no more than six usually interrupted hours a night) but it has never bothered me before yet lately I just can't seem to keep my eyes open. I've even caught myself doing little power naps while standing up, waiting for the bus.

Whereas I don't feel that tired, my eyes are being driven to their outer limits resulting in puffiness, even darker circles than I normally have and the horror of all horrors, my very first wrinkles which I am combating with as many eye creams as I can find and a freezing eye mask. Unfortunately none are doing a remotely satisfying job.

To make matters worse, I can't watch TV or read for longer than 30 minutes before I nod off. Instead of waking up refreshed and invigorated, I wake up cranky and with a splitting headache. And don't even get me started about a computer screen!

Sadly the only thing that's standing between me and premature ageing is several weeks of good nights' sleep but I don't see that happening any time soon so I'll just keep on smearing.

No comments: