Sunday 7 February 2010

Hotel Hell Vacation

When I was a kid, I watched a lot of movies. Video's were the latest craze and seeing as I come from a long line of movie lovers / couch potatoes we'd get a dozen or so every week. This not only nursed my love for motion pictures but also created a lingering sense of 80s nostalgia. For some odd reason my parents never got me cartoons, just comedies and lots of them.

John Hughes, the Brat Pack, Gene Wilder, Labyrinth, John Candy, the great Don Bluth who gave Disney a well-deserved run for their money, Beverly Hills Cop (first movie I "saw" in the cinema according to my mother), basically Eddie Murphy when he was still funny, Tom Hanks before he got all serious on us, the utterly awesome Lethal Weapon... there are just too many classics to sum ip here.

And then there was Chevy Chase and the great National Lampoons movies: Vacation, Christmas Vacation and European Vacation written by John Hughes and the latter was directed by Amy Heckerling who brought us Clueless, every girl's guilty pleasure.

27 years after the Griswalds went on their first wacky road trip, they are back! Sadly, not in a feature film but in a short movie that was created as an advertisement for vacation rentals by HomeAway.com.


No comments: