Monday 5 September 2011

Books at Bedtime


I recently discovered the radio programme Books at Bedtime on BBC Radio 4. Every weeknight at 22:45pm they read for 15 minutes from modern classics, new works by leading authors and literature from around the globe. After an average of two weeks you'll have tackled an entire novel. I don't follow these readings live but listen to the podcast the next day which is available for limited time. It's perfect for people who have little time to read or love the spoken word.

I listenend to The Reluctant Fundamentalist last week, a novel I probably would never have read otherwise, and I really loved the fact that these podcasts introduce me to new material in a quick and highly enjoyable fashion. Plus, now I get the chance to get even more “reading” done. I'm already looking forward to tonight's new novel: On Canaan's Side by Sebastian Barry.

No comments: