Friday 10 September 2010

Dodgy knees vs. the Ardennes

I’ve been having a lot of trouble with my knees the past few weeks: aching, swelling, a lovely crunching sound whenever I walk up a flight of stairs and the feeling that they’re going to succumb if I have to stand still for longer than 24 seconds. My left knee in particular has always been a bit troublesome ever since I broke it 17 years ago but now, thanks to strenuous and repetitive exercises, climbing a few hills in England and the physicalities of working in a book store, my right knee has decided to join the fun.

I had some X-rays done this afternoon to see how bad the suspected damage is to my cartilages but until I get the results and the right treatment, I’ll just have to enjoy my double (!) kneecap infection a little while longer. I’ve already been impersonating a couch potato for the past two weeks, all for the greater good (i.e. my health) off course but sadly this will all be coming to an end as we are going to the Ardennes for a fun filled family weekend of walking, talking and endurance.

No comments: